Overview of the conference sessions on 31 March and 1 April 2020
After the plenary opening session, you will be able to choose from a wide range of parallel sessions. These will be split in to an ‘A-stream’ on market and system developments, a ‘B-stream’ on specific national markets, and a ‘C-stream, introducing the basic elements of renewable energy markets. The following topics will be covered:
A-stream: Market and system development
- Can markets surpass policy?
- Developments in energy-attribute certificate (EAC) markets
- Current thinking on best practice and guidance documents
- Corporate supply chain policies boosting demand for renewable energy
- The market impact of falling technology costs
- Market developments: volumes and prices
- Revisiting blockchain: what has stuck after the hype?
- Standards: the globalization of consumer demand for renewables
B-Stream: Specific national markets
- India: Renewable markets driving energy access
- Australia: REC markets coming up ‘Down Under’
- France: an in-depth exploration
- United States of America: overcoming the lack of federal action?
- Germany: Market developments, review of cost socialization
Special C-Stream track: Introducing the basic elements of attribute tracking systems
- An introduction to the basic elements of attribute tracking systems
- An introduction to why consumers use energy attribute certificates and environmental reporting
- An introduction to energy-attribute tracking in Europe - legislation, data and new developments
For the full conference programme and a list of speakers, see programme.